This simple recipe combines three of my favourite foods – leatherwood honey, chocolate and berries.
It takes about 20 minutes in preparation time, involves about 5 minutes of heating in a saucepan on top of the stove, and will be ready to serve after 4-6 hours in the freezer (or overnite).
- 200g dark chocolate ( e,g Cadbury chocolate melts)
- 400g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup(60ml) leatherwood honey
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- Mixed berries, for serving
- Biscotti, for serving
- Put the chocolate, milk and honey in a small saucepan and gently heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and use an electric mixer to beat it until its smooth.
- Beat in the cream until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 22cm x 12cm loaf pan.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight
- Turn out onto a plate, place fresh seasonal berries on the top and serve in slices ( with a biscotti for decoration if you wish.
Credits to Cadburys kitchen for this recipe. And to myfoodbook.com.au for the picture.